What is it?
Using input from the community and independent advice from University of Limerick, the people’s vision for Ennis in the year 2020 was drawn up in 2011. The democratic process was led by Cllr. Johnny Flynn and Clare Active Citizens. Full details from www.ennis2020.ie and www.JohnnyFlynn.ie .
The resulting five action areas are:
- The town centre, including older residential areas,
- The Economy,
- Employment and the Retail sector
- Tourism & Hospitality,
- Quality of Life and Infrastructure and sustainability
Action Areas outlined in the Ennis 2020 visioning document:
- Ennis recognised as a Vibrant, Attractive and Living Town Centre
- Dynamic and sustainable economic and Employment base enhanced
- Enhanced capacity to support tourism / hospitality in Ennis and its surrounding areas
- Sustainable Quality of Life improvements for residents of and visitors to the Town
- Ennis as a sustainable environment supported by high quality infrastructure
What does it mean for you?
The outcomes from the Visioning have been summarised into a framework document, which has been adopted by Ennis Town Council. Any elected councillor can use the framework to work toward what the people of Ennis themselves have asked for.